Monday, April 2, 2012

April is here

Today is cloudy so the daisies are sulking; not opening wide their petals as they did in yesterday's sunshine. 
I have a forest of Ajuga flowering in the grass. Fewer butterflies flit from flower to flower today.  Yesterday the lawn was 'alive' with all manor of visiting insects, little bees, hoverflies, a tiny orange coloured butterfly and a larger white (not as large as the cabbage white) enjoying the flowers. Brimstone and swallowtail butterflies fly across the garden, and over the hedge; we obviously have nothing of interest for them.

I lay on the grass to capture a photograph - never realising just how beautiful the tiny ajuga flowers were, in doing so I crushed the foliage of Calaminta, a minty fragrance lingered in the air and on my jeans.  Philip has allowed me another day to enjoy this wildness - only the front lawn had its first cut of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment